New York Powerball Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 11:00 PM
Place mouse over or click to view
|New York Powerball | NY Powerball Results | NYlottery Powerball|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Power Ball||PowerPlay|
|Wed Dec 07, 2016|
|Sat Dec 03, 2016|
|Wed Nov 30, 2016|
|Sat Nov 26, 2016|
|Wed Nov 23, 2016|
|Sat Nov 19, 2016|
|Wed Nov 16, 2016|
|Sat Nov 12, 2016|
|Wed Nov 09, 2016|
|Sat Nov 05, 2016|
New York(NY) Powerball Prizes and Odds
New York Powerball News and Payout for Wednesday, December 7th, 2016
Updated: Thursday, December 8, 2016 01:31 AM
The Powerball multi-state lottery grand prize built to $85 million (cash value $51.3 million) Saturday night when there were no jackpot winning tickets in the $67 million drawing, lottery officials said. The numbers drawn Wednesday night, December 7th, 2016 were 41, 48, 49, 53, 64 with Power Ball number 20.
Although there was no grand prize winner Wednesday evening, some people still walked away with huge prizes. There were a total of 8 third prize winners with or without Power Play option. There were 1 tickets matched 4+1 with Power Play option, multiplying the prizes by 4 for a total win of $40,000 each!
In addition, 212 tickets matched 4 of the 5 lotto numbers. Those tickets are each worth $100. There were 53 tickets matched 4 white ball with Power Play option, doubled the prizes to a total win of $200 each! 586 tickets matched three of the five lotto numbers, as well as the Powerball number. These tickets are also each worth $100. There were 121 tickets matched 3+1 with Power Play option, doubled the prizes to win a total win of $200 each.
With nine different prize tiers, the Wednesday night's drawing created 457,072 winning tickets across U.S. with a total amount of $2,868,330 prizes.
Powerball lottery is played in 42 states, D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. To play, choose 5 numbers from 1 to 69 then pick a Powerball number from 1 to 26. The minimum Powerball grand prize is 40 million dollar. The annuity option is paid in 30 yearly increment payments. Winners may select one-time lump-sum cash payout instead.
Click here for detailed information of New York Powerball payout and news.
About New York Powerball
Powerball lottery is a lottery that combines a cash game with a very big jackpot. It is fast increasing in popularity going by the size of its jackpot. The previous Powerball record was set in 2006 and it was an impressive $365 million that was split between eight people. The current record of $580 million was set in late 2012. This is the second highest payout in the history of lotteries. The New York Powerball lottery is extremely popular and is one of the 42 different Powerball lotteries played in the US, apart from ones in the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia. Powerball is all set to do a whopping $5billion in sales this year.
Like all other Powerball lotteries, the purpose of the New York Powerball lottery is the generation of revenue for the states that run it. A lot of the money it earns is also used for various social and educational programs in the state. Only half the cost of the New York Powerball lottery ticket goes towards the prize. The remaining money is retained by the lottery organization in order to pay for administrative overheads as well as the various beneficiary programs of the lottery. 25 percent of the jackpot money is kept by the federal government in the form of taxes. Winners of the New York Powerball lottery will pay 8.97 percent tax to the state and 3.6 percent to the city.
The New York Powerball is drawn every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. EST. Sales for the draw are stopped 59 minutes ahead of the draw. The winner of the draw has the option of taking the money as a onetime payment or as the total prize remunerated over the duration of 29 years. On choosing the latter option by the winner, then the yearly payment will be amplified with each payment. The percentage of annual rise is determined by the rules set down by the company.
How to play New York Powerball?
You'll need to follow certain steps in order to try your hand at winning the New York Powerball lottery.
- Start by buying a New York Powerball lottery playcard for $2. There are many retailers who stock this playcard and you should not have a problem getting it.
- Fill in the numbers in the right places in the New York Powerball playcard. Each playcard is printed with 5 game panels. You need to choose 5 numbers ranging from 1 to 56 to be filled in the upper section of the panels which are red in color. The Powerball should be selected from the lower section which is white in color. Here, the numbers you can choose from range from 1 to 36. People who are particular about selecting certain numbers go for this option. If you prefer to let the computer pick the numbers at random then you should select the QUICK PICK option. This option will also help you save a lot of time.
- Fill in the numbers carefully because you can't erase any mistakes on the New York Powerball playcard. If you do not want a particular number to be featured on your playcard then you should fill the box denoted VOID.
- You don't have to select how the New York Powerball prize money will be paid to you at the time of purchasing the playcard. If you win a prize on the New York Powerball lottery then you will be paid within 60 days of having claimed your prize. You can choose to be paid in cash or in annual installments. If you do not make a decision within 60 days of claiming the prize then the New York Powerball prize money will be paid out as an annuity. In this option, the money will be paid in 29 installments after the initial payment, with the amount increasing every year. If a prize greater than $50000 is not claimed then the company will hold it pending so that security verification can be carried out.
- The New York Powerball playcard should be given back to the retailer. This is necessary for the playcard to be processed. Once this is done the retailer will return you a ticket for each playcard that is processed.
- It is possible to use the same numbers in more than one New York Powerball games. You'll need to choose the MULTI DRAWS column in order to exercise this option. New York Powerball lottery permits you to participate in 26 successive draws using the MULTI DRAWS option as long as you pay $2 per game.
- It is not possible to cancel New York Powerball tickets once you have purchased them. You therefore should be very particular about checking the details printed in the New York Powerball tickets, especially the date and the numbers.
When Can New York Powerball Be Played
You can play the New York Powerball lottery any day starting at 4:00 am and ending at 3:30 am. On draw nights of Wednesday and Saturday, the sale of tickets stops at 9:00 pm. If you want to play the New York Powerball lottery on this day then you should make it a point to play early because the last minute lines here are generally extremely long.
Increase Your Winnings With Power Play Option.
You can increase your total New York Powerball winnings (non-Jackpot prize) by going for the Power Play option. This will cost you an additional $1.
More About New York Powerball
Half the total sales amount for a New York Powerball draw is given out as prize money. Of this money, 64% is given out as the first prize. There are eight more prize levels and the remaining prize money will be distributed amongst them. In case a particular draw does not have a winner for the First Prize then the money is carried over to the next draw. This is done until the jackpot is won, and results in a huge prize amount in certain circumstances. The record breaking prize money happened because many consecutive draws did not have a winner. The second prize in the New York Powerball lottery is $1,000,000 and this amount is paid in cash. According to experts, the odds of winning money in the New York Powerball lottery are around 1 in 32.
| New York Powerball
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Sat Dec 10, 2016
Change: +$18.00 Million