New York Lotto Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Sunday, July 27th, 2014 12:38 AM
Place mouse over or click to view
|New York Lotto | New York Lotto | New York Lotto Results|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Bonus|
|Sat Jul 26, 2014|
|Wed Jul 23, 2014|
|Sat Jul 19, 2014|
|Wed Jul 16, 2014|
|Sat Jul 12, 2014|
|Wed Jul 09, 2014|
|Sat Jul 05, 2014|
|Wed Jul 02, 2014|
|Sat Jun 28, 2014|
|Wed Jun 25, 2014|
New York(NY) Lotto Prizes and Odds
New York Lotto News and Payout for Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Updated: Sunday, July 27, 2014 01:45 AM
The New York Lotto jackpot is on the move. Since no one correctly matched all six numbers in Saturday's drawing, the jackpot will go to an estimated $2.60 million! The numbers from Saturday night, July 26th, 2014 were 05, 11, 19, 24, 52, 54 with bonus number 22.
Although the grand prize was not awarded Saturday evening, some people still walked away with big money. A total of 15 lucky winners won the 3rd prize and each collected $1,103 cash. With 5 different prize levels, the Saturday night's drawing created 18,604 winning tickets across the state of New York with a total amount of $52,910 prizes.
New York Lotto drawings occur 2 times a week every Wednesday and Saturday at 11:21 p.m. Eastern Time. To play New York Lotto, go to any lottery retailer. Pick up a play slip and pick 6 numbers from 1 through 59. The chances of winning any prizes is about 1 to 46. The chances of matching 6 New York Lotto numbers are 1 to 45,057,474. The minimum New York Lotto jackpot starts at $2 million. If no one wins the jackpot, the first prize pool fund will be added to the next jackpot. If no second prize winners, the second prize pool money will be added to the second prize pool for the next draw.
Click here for detailed information of New York Lotto payout and news.
About New York Lotto
New York Lotto is a popular jackpot game offered by the immensely popular New York Lottery. This company has been in business in 1967 and it has generated more than $34 billion revenue which has directly benefited the field of education. This makes it one of the oldest lotteries run by a state government in the United States. Only New Hampshire has an older lottery. As a matter of fact, most people do not know that lotteries were first started as a means of raising much needed funds for various social projects such as bridges, roads, schools and even churches. This company also generates more sales than any other lottery in the United States.
There is no doubt that New York Lotto is not as popular as some of the other jackpot lotteries from New York Lottery, but it is nevertheless a game that generates a lot of business. The New York Lotto offers a fixed payout of 40% as its prize. New York Lotto jackpots start at $3,000,000 (this sum is paid out in 26 graduated installments). However, rollovers have come down to $300,000 starting from the weekend of Thanksgiving last year (2012). Prior to that, the rollovers were $500,000. There is no denying the fact that the size of the jackpot has come down over the years. Just two decades ago the jackpot had reached $10,000,000 thanks to a single rollover.
The New York Lotto is drawn every week on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:21 pm. Each play of $1 entitles a person to 2 games. One of the biggest advantages of this game is that it is very easy to play. The jackpot winner has to match all 6 numbers. If more than one person matches these numbers then they will have to share the jackpot equally.
How to play New York Lotto?
There are a few simple steps involved in playing New York Lotto. They are:
- Start by getting a New York Lotto playcard. This should not be very difficult because the playcards are available by any retailer who sells New York Lottery products. You can check on the internet to find out which place is closest to you. Each New York Lotto playcard consists of 10 game panels. Each of these game panels has a grid of numbers starting from 1 and ending at 59.
- You then need to select any 6 numbers and mark them in your New York Lotto playcard. Remember that the jackpot will be determined on the basis of 6 numbers. Keep in mind that you can only use the numbers printed on the playcard which are between 1 and 59.
- Use a pen with black or blue ink (or even a pencil) to mark out the numbers of your choice. You cannot use a pen that has ink of any other color. Also, you cannot use anything but a pencil or a pen to fill out the desired numbers on your New York Lotto playcard. If you do not wish to choose the numbers yourself then you could go for the Quick Pick option. By this option you permit the computer to select numbers for you perfectly randomly.
- Choose the amount that you wish to wager. If you wish to play all 10 game panels then you have to pay $5. If you wish to play only 2 games then you have to pay $1.
- There is no need to choose your payout option when you are buying the New York Lotto ticket. However, you do need to make this decision in case you win a New York Lotto jackpot. You can choose to be paid the prize amount in cash or as an annuity. Keep in mind that you need to make this decision within 60 days of claiming the prize.
- You then need to return your completed New York Lotto playcard to the retailer so that he or she can process it. Once you receive a ticket against your playcard it means that it has been processed. Be sure to check that you get a ticket for each playcard that you submit to the retailer after completing the details.
- Check the ticket before you leave the retailer. Since New York Lotto does not permit cancellation of its tickets, you need to make sure that the ticket has been printed with the correct date and numbers.
New York Lotto Bonus Numbers
New York Lotto has a second prize that can only be won on the basis of a Bonus Number. The person who is able to match 5 out of the 6 numbers marked on the playcard in addition to the bonus number will win the second prize. This is the seventh number and is drawn only for the second prize. This particular bonus number is not used to determine any other New York Lotto prize levels.
Subscription for New York Lotto
Regular players of New York Lotto can subscribe; this will enable them to get regular updates on the lottery and also get information about the latest drawings.
When can New York Lotto be played?
You can play New York Lotto on any day apart from draw nights from 4.00 am to 3.30 am. On draw nights the sales of playcards stops at 11.00 pm. Because there is generally a rush to buy tickets on these nights it is best for you to come to the retailer well in advance of 11.00 pm so as to avoid disappointment or being inconvenienced by long queues.
More About New York Lotto
If a particular New York Lotto drawing does not have a jackpot then the pool money for the first prize is automatically carried forward to the next jackpot. Similarly, if the drawing does not result in a second prize winner then the pool money for the second prize will be carried forward for the next draw and added to the second prize pool. Lotto Extra can be played by paying an additional $1 per playcard. Lotto Extra has more prize levels and the odds of winning cash prizes are also better. This add-on to the New York Lotto involves an extra bonus number over and above the initial bonus number. There will be three more prize levels in Lotto Extra, taking the total to eight.
| New York Lotto
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Wed Jul 30, 2014